Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Monarch News 8-30-2011


I feel like a complete fanboy due to the amount of Monarch posts here, but I guess there's no denying that.

Some of you may remember the omitted section of my review of Sabbat Noir, well, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to reveal the information I had acquired beforehand so I nixed the idea and omitted the section, as a bit of a mysterious end to lure you back.

Here's some news straight from the band, it's even going to be in quotes, fancy.

"Some Monarch news :

Our new records, Omens, will be released by At A Loss Recordings in October/November.
The new material was recorded by the band while on tour at Kakurega Studio in Osaka, Japan, Headgap Studios in Melbourne, Australia, Crane Studio in Montreal, Quebec, and Engine Studios in Chicago, Ill.
The album was mixed by Sanford Parker at Engine Studios, and mastered by Colin Jordan at the Boiler Room, Chicago, Ill.
Track listing :
1) Blood Seeress
2) Transylvanian Incantations
3) Black Become The Sun
Omens was written and recorded by Emilie Bresson (vocals, electronics), Shiran Kaidin (guitar), Michell Bidegain, (bass, guitar), Rob Shaffer (drums), and also features guest musicians Sano (from Birushanah), Eric Quach (Thisquietarmy), Yailen Munoz (from Ensorcelor) and Robert Macmanus (ex-Grey Daturas).
The band will be presenting the new album while on tour in Europe in October/November, and plans are being made for a US tour in February/March."

So, my news was that Yailen from Ensorcelor (who have a new song up on their bandcamp if you click their name it'll link ya) was doing guest vocals. I heard it early on and I've been excited ever since. I personally cannot wait to hear this album with all that goodness going on. Enjoy that anticipation driven anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...